Coming to Halong Bay, tourists have plenty of activities to explore this stunning bay. One of the most interesting one is swimming. Try it and you will have unforgettable experiences.
Best places to swim
There are many charming and attractive beaches; it is suitable for swimming activities such as Tra Gioi Beach, Ba Cua Beach, Tuan Chau Beach, Titov Beach, Minh Chau Beach. The stunning scenery of sheer mountain cliffs rising out of the bay makes an ideal backdrop to water-based activities.The water of beach is emerald green and turquoise color so you cannot see the bottom. Halong Bay is the safe place for swimming. Because beach is calm waters and tourists will be provided useful equipment such as: life jackets. Moreover the sailors and staff of the ship watched while you were swimming to alert you for dangers in case. Swimming in Halong bay is really nice and refreshing.
Swimming Safe guides
– Check with the lifeguard on surf conditions before swimming. If lifeguards give you directions or instructions from the stand, obey them. Never swim alone – use the buddy system.
– Don’t overestimate your swimming ability, especially early in the summer when the water is cold. Swimming ability is severely decreased in cold water.
– Judge your ability to participate in beach activities based on your swimming skills without the assistance of rafts and other flotation devices.
– Never dive into shallow water, or water of unknown depth.
– If you are confronted by a large wave and there is not enough time to get away from it, try to dive underneath the wave. Keep your body as low as possible until the wave passes over you. Timing is important, dive into the base of the wave just before it breaks. Do not dive if the water is too shallow – instead crouch and keep a low body profile.
– If caught in rip currents, relax and swim toward the shore at a 45-degree angle until you are free of the current. If the rip currents are strong, swim parallel with the shoreline in the same direction as the littoral current and then swim diagonally toward the shore. If you are not able to swim out of the currents, call or wave for help.
– When body surfing, do not ride waves in a straight line toward shore. Instead, surf at an angle to the waves. Stay away from the white water in the wave center to avoid going “over the falls.”
– Never swim while intoxicated. Alcohol impairs judgment, unnecessary risks are taken and a swimmer will tire more easily, increasing the chance of an accident.
– Try not to sunbath for too long, you might catch sunburn.
– Halong Bay water is pretty warm during winter so feel free to swim or dive from your junk, however, try to cover yourselves immediately when you are done with the swimming because you might catch a cold. The temperature during winter can get as low as 10-15 Celsius degree.
For more information about Things to do, please visit our webiste. If you have questions, feel free to contact us. Like this article if it’s useful for you. Have a nice trip!